Much of life is determined by attitude. I often forget how powerful attitude can be. Sometimes, it is simply forcing a smile upon my face, checking myself, and reminding myself of where I want to be that transforms the forced into the natural. Mistakes will be made, but it's all about what you do with it afterwards that determines your outcome. Yes, attitude checks are easier said than done, but that doesn't mean that they are impossible. Sometimes they aren't even hard. At times, I get upset, annoyed, or frustrated over the silliest things. Yet, there are too many negative forces in the world that need changing for me to lead a life of constant irritation at the small things. This is not to say that I tell myself that I should be happier because it could always be worse. Though I do believe this true, I don't want to use the negative to fuel my positive. Rather, I want to remove the negative so that I can focus my positive.
StrengthsQuest is a tool that is used around the country that uncovers each participant's 5 top strengths. Of all of my 5 strenghts, Positivity was the one that surprised me the least when I got my results back. It is one of my goals in life to make a positive impact in this world. I can not do that if I let the negative control me.
No comments:
Post a Comment